Printer Friendly Version  Email A Friend  Add This  Increase Text Size  Decrease Text Size

Developmental Disabilities

Who is eligible for Developmental Disabilities Services?

The case manager determines if a person qualifies for services. A person must have a documented diagnosis of a developmental disability or a related condition. A related condition means a severe, chronic disability resulting in impairment of intellectual functioning and adaptive behavior. The person must have substantial functional limitations in areas such as self care, learning, mobility, communication, self direction, and independent living. The assessment to determine IQ and functional skills must be conducted by a licensed psychologist or school psychologist.

What help is available through Developmental Disabilities Services?

The following services may be provided through the case manager:

  • Home and Community Based Waiver Services (DD, CADI, CAC, and EW Waivers)
  • Day Training and Habilitation
  • Family Support Grant
  • Semi-Independent Living Services (SILS)
  • Residential Services
  • Respite Services (in-home and out-of-home)
  • Transition Planning
  • Crisis Services
  • Consumer Support Grant
  • Respite
  • Home or vehicle modifications

For more information, visit the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) disabilities website.

Contact:         Douglas County Social Services   - 320-762-2302